Saturday, July 21, 2007

Bundoora X-country

Just got back from a great race! probably my best race of the season thus far. It was down in Bundoora (or up actually if u think about it, cos bundoora's altitute is higher than melbournes). But all technicalities aside, it was a beautiful park in a beautiful suburb made marginally less beautiful by the mud-covered cross country route. It had been raining the past week, and about 2000 little kids had just run a high school x-country in the morning before us, so by the time it was our turn to race, there was mud everywhere!

The race itself was 12km....4x3km laps (shudder). I went out pretty hard cos i squeezed my way to the front of the start, and everyone in the front usually go hard at the gun. I ended up running a 45.30 which i was extremely pleased with. My past couple of races werent too good, so it was nice to get back on track with this one. Now looking forward to the half marathon in september. BUT, theres still two more shorter races to get thru before then!

Its back to uni on monday. I had my last day at work on friday. What a relief! I know its good and all, but man...it was tiring. School is so much better. Only one more sem to graduation..better enjoy it while it lasts!

Ta. till next time.

No comments: