Thursday, August 31, 2006

so chio!

i have a new love....cycling!
been going ard the city quite a lot lately on my road bike. its so fun! a bit scary cos of those evil trams, but thats what makes it more exciting! haha.
theres a pro bike shop downstairs at my place, so i went there last wk to have a looksy. arrgghh all the road bikes are sooooooo cool! but damn ex la.... cheapest is like 1000+.
went online last nite to search for cheaper road bikes at various shops in the city (instead of doing my assignment). found one that was 800+ bucks...still ex, but thats the cheapest i could find thats good for starters.



shit la.... why do i always pick up sports that cost so much $$$??? in JC it was bowling, then running in NS(new asics shoe every year = 200 bucks), and now cycling! ahhhhhhh.
im really really interested in trying out triathlon next year. the more i hear my fren talk about it, the more interested i get! but gotta brush up on my swimming....cos, well, it sucks. after 30 laps of the 25m pool at my place im like half dead. i heard that the tri squad at uni swims 2-3 km during trainings! (i know...wtf!)
so heres my plan :
1. from now till feb next year, will start training up my swimming till i can swim (gasp) 2km non-stop.
2. save money from my part time job! and buy less comics! (oh thats gonna be tough...) if i can save 150 a month, and i work in sept, oct, nov, and jan....then by the time term starts in feb is hould have enuf to buy a road bike!
3. join tri squad during feb orientation!

sigh....im like totally not saving money for my future. everytime i get my paycheck i just blow most of it. i was supposed to use the money from this part time job to pay for my cartooning course next year, but now looks like its going into a bike. damn...am i making the wrong decisions? should i not be thinking about all this sporting stuff? after all, few years down the road, a cartooing course cert will be more valuable than a road bike. and its not like im super pro in sports and gonna do it professionally. just doing it for fun but its costing me so much money! sigh...decisions decisions.

(suresh, i think definitely no Man U jersey for me this year)

shit...been typing for quite a while now....back to work! assignment due later today!

4 more days to the half....

No comments: