Wednesday, June 27, 2007

blue collar dude

today was day 4 of my time at the archi firm.
work's been really busy... quite stressful at times... but i've learnt so much in these past 4 days. For the most part, they've got me doing autocad stuff on the computer. And those who know me know that i am one of those architects who's totally against computers!! we should all go back to the good ol' days where everything was hand drawn. But now its all about computer renderings and you dont need to be able to hold a pencil properly to be an architect. Sigh. This is just something that shits me... but ultimately, technology will win out and in 10 years time, hand drawing will be a thing of the past. Even today, we hand-drafters are already a dying breed.

Where was i....

ah yes. So they had me do lots of computers stuff. Had to learn a lot of things pretty quick, and i feel a little bit of info overload over the past few days. When i get home im so tired i just wanna eat, watch tv and sleep. now i remember why satiish n i used to sleep at 9 or 10pm in OCS.

I had a very wet training session today. It started raining as i was leaving the house, but i was already psyched up for the run, so i decided to go to uni anyways and if nobody was there, i would just go for my own long run. But to my pleasant surprise, there were quite a few of my teammates warming up in the rain. lets hear it for HARDCORE!!!!! ended up doing one of the toughest but most fun sessions i can recall. stepping in massive puddles..feeling the rain smack me in the face at high speed...the insane winds. woohoo. its this kinda stuff that reminds u that youre alive!! and my times were not bad too... seem to be slowly improving. thats good.. i hope to peak in august for the 21km.

ah...its still raining ouside... perfect for sleeping!!

No comments: