Saturday, June 30, 2007

still dreaming the dream

work at the archi firm has been going well. I'm getting much more comfortable with the inner workings of the office, and gradually getting to know every one's name. the workload is still considerable...and at times stressful...but im coping. So if its all going well, why do i still feel....(whats the word im looking for...).... hollow? yes.... hollow. why do i feel hollow? There is no drive.. no passion. Its a day job. nothing more. It could be because i'm not actually directly involved in any of the projects. I just do whatever my boss hands to me. Granted, he does give me things that flex my creative muscle, but im by no means involved in the running of the firm. maybe thats why i feel unfulfilled. i hope thats why...

still.. i cant help but think that now, more than ever, i really really want to be a comic book artist. what started out as a dream, has now become an obsession. and somehow...i dont think i will ever be completely satisfied with my life unless i achieve that dream. when i come home from work, im so utterly drained....but still, instead of playing video games or watching tv for hours, i sit at my table and i draw and draw...and it just brings me so much joy... so much pleasure. And i dont mean to brag or anything, but i've been working really hard on my art style over the past year or so, and i think its come to a level now that may be sufficient to start sending out to potential publishers. Thats what i intend to do anyway. THE SAVANT is now at page 12. The first chapter should be about 30 pages long...which means i'll be done roughly by the end of the year... and then it'll be time to try and get it out there in the market somehow. I have no idea how i'm gonna do that. Its scary...but at the same time....interesting, and fun! who knows, eh?

meanwhile....check the comic site for updates:
www.savant.smackjeeves.com

No comments: