Tuesday, June 19, 2007

waiting game...

I went for an interview last wk with an archi firm for some work over the holidays.
INterview went well, and the dude said he'd call me back early this wk to let me know when i'll be starting. Well, its one day gone now and still no call. Still anxiously waiting. I keep worrying that he's gonna call when im taking a shower or on the crapper or something. I knwo its silly... we live in an age of voicemail after all. I stopped working weekdays at nandos now (and potentially stopped working altogether for the holidays, unless i can get wkend shifts), so if the dude at the archi practice suddenly decides not to employ me, then i could potentially be unemployed this holidays! GASP!! now u see why im so anxious to get THE CALL.

been catching up on my comic drawing too...its so good to just sit there for hours and draw. been a long time since ive been able to do that. I finished pencilling and inking one and a half pages yesterday and today. Will upload them soon once ive scanned them in an photoshopped in the text. I still catch myself thinking sometimes...'why am i doing this comic book stuff... is it really gonna lead anywhere? I mean, it takes a lot of time. too much some would say. oh well, at least i can show my kids someday that daddy was an uber-nerd.'

there was a shooting here in melb earlier today. two guys got shot for trying to help out a girl who was being abused on the street. whats the world coming to... everytime i turn on the news its all about 'war' this, and 'war' that. fight fight war war....thats all thats going on. at this rate, i dont believe the human race will last much longer. we're gonna wipe ourselves off the face of the planet soon enough. just as well...look how we've treated it. we've made one hell of a screw job.
hmm... i seemed to have digressed a bit here.
its late...
time to zzzz
going riding tmr!

"may we be cursed to live in interesting times"

No comments: