Friday, July 15, 2005

2 more days

yep, only 2 more days till orientation starts. and if u ask me, it couldnt come soon enough! Not that i mind sitting at home all day watching Smallville, but i just feel that precious hours are ticking away and i'm accomplishing nothing new in my life. Oh wait, i DID learn to cook a little. Erm... but that hardly counts.
I went the uni yesterday to collect my orientation booklet. There were senior students there who attended to us, and gave us a little insight into orientation week. The girl who attended to me was from Taiwan, and she was quite....erm...hot. yes. quite hot. But she had way too much make-up on, and that just turns me off.
Where are all the "natural-nice-looking-sporty-kind-warm-funny-sophisticated-down-to-earth" girls in my life? Maybe my standards are too high... i'm looking for the perfect person to match me, when i myself am far from perfect. Its a cliche that there's always someone out there for you... but i dont think its that easy. Ppl say "oh! i found my soul mate!" So what is a soul mate exactly? Is it one person in the entire population of the world who is destined to be with you? If that's the case, then almost everyone who claims to have found their soul mate is full of bullshit. Come on, think about it.... there are 6 billion people on the planet. In your lifetime, you'll have close relations with, say.....200 people? 300? OR sightly more if you're popular. The chance of finding your soul mate in that group of people is close to ZIP!! ZERO! KOSONG!
I think there are two kinds of girls. The ones you grow out of, and the ones you grow into. There's no such thing as a soul mate. And there's no perfect girl out there. Its a long 6 years here... hopefully i'll find someone i can grow into. (of course it would help if her name started with Natalie and ended with Portman).
kidding!

.........but that would be nice!

No comments: